Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Poem


Big Sur

I drive along the freeway,
cars like inch worms creep.
I visualize a moment
far removed from traffic jams.

High above the scene,
we picniced on cheese and wine.
The wind swept up the cliff
and kissed my face with droplets
from the great Pacific which crashed
on rocks one hundred feet below.

Wind tossed our words up to the gulls
who shrieked them back at us.
The day was dazzling in its brilliance.
Our love, not young, refreshed, renewed.
We dreamed, made promises.
That perfect day - a perfect place,
away from all the world.
--- Glenda Council Beall

4 comments:

  1. It lifts my sight and soul to read this poem of a perfect day by the sea shared with the one you love and the sea gulls joining in the glory of it all. Magic moments, those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite poems. It's uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat and Brenda, for your comments. Those are the kinds of memories that I hold dear and I'm glad I wrote this poem which will always remind me of that wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful poem about your true love. This is a memory to cherish!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.