Saturday, December 29, 2007

I've not felt I had the time to join a book club, but Elizabeth at Phillips and Lloyd book shop on the square in Hayesville invited me to join the one that meets there each month. She said they are reading Vicki Lane's mystery Signs in the Blood which I already have on my book shelf. I read more non-fiction than fiction, but I've decided to try to read at least one fiction book each month and I'll start with Signs in the Blood. I met Vicki a few years ago and talked with her about her writing. She is from Florida but has lived in NC for thirty years. She writes mysteries that take place in the Appalachian area and she seems to be about my age because she mentions her favorite books when she was a child and many of them were mine also. She was in love with horses when she was small. I dreamed about horses and read all the Black Stallion Books by Walter Farley. I look forward to reading Vicki's books and I've signed up for her newsletter. She gives a good accounting of what her life as a beginning writer is like.
And she brings hope to all older writers who might think their time has passed. I'm proud to see Vicki has three books in her mystery series published and will now do another book that is a "stand-alone."
She also has a blog. Check her out at vickilanemysteries.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.