Friday, July 1, 2022

Scott Owens' New Book

 Yesterday I received Scott Owens' new children's poetry book, WORLDS ENOUGH, Poems for and about Children (and a few grown-ups).

As a retired Early Childhood educator, I was very impressed with this outstanding book.  The poems are wonderful with rhythm that will make you clap your hands.  I can just see children pantomiming the poems.  The imagery gives a wonderful journey into the exciting discoveries of the world through the eyes of youngsters.

This book is not only for children.  Adults will savor the poetry, too.  It will bring you back to the magic of childhood.  It's a happy book, uplifting and holds your attention from the first page to the last.

Also, the illustrations by Missy Cleveland are magnificent.  Her bright, colorful photos capture your attention and foster the imagination.  

After I read the book, I mailed it to my great-niece.  I'm sure she will love every poem and will dramatize them with enthusiasm.

This book is a magical trip through childhood and I think it is the best book Scott Owens has written.  

You may order this book at:

redhawkpublications.com 

www.amazon.com


 

1 comment:

  1. I ordered the new book, Brenda Kay, and I think it is beautiful and perfect for any child or adult who likes poetry that is fun, filled with sound and images.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.