Saturday, October 10, 2020

ANTHONY ABBOT - January 7, 1935 – October 3, 2020

 We have lost an important North Carolina literary figure, Anthony Abbot. He was winner of the 2015 NC Award for Literature from the State of North Carolina. Anthony S. Abbott is the author of seven books of poetry, two novels, and four books of literary criticism. He was a 2020 Inductee to the North Carolina Literary Hall of Fame.  nclhof.org

Tonight I am listening to a podcast interview done recently on Charlotte Readers Podcast.

I did not know Tony Abbot well, but will always remember the NCWN Fall Conference when we Netwest writers sat at a table with Tony. This is a photo Barry, my husband, made that evening.

Left: Nancy Sales Cash, Mary Jo Dyer, Lana Hendershott, on right side from back, Glenda Beall, Tony Abbott, Pat Davis.

After reading more about this man and listening to him speak on the podcast, I wanted to know him better. On his website I found his About page and learned his history. I love life stories and his is one of the most interesting I've read.

https://anthonysabbott.com/anthony-s-abbott-in-his-own-words/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.