Sunday, September 22, 2019

Review of Trawling the Silences by Richard Allen Taylor




Jacar Press published Trawling the Silences, a poetry book by Kathryn Stripling Byer, after her death from cancer. I ordered the book and have read it over and over. Richard Allen Taylor wrote a review in The Pedestal Magazine.


If you knew Kathryn Byer or if you are a fan of her poems, you will certainly enjoy this review. As Richard says, in some poems she lets us know she is facing death. But, like so many of her poems she writes about the mountains and about her childhood on the farm. I identify with those childhood memories as I grew up on a farm not many miles from where the Stripling family lived. That is what I have always enjoyed most about her poetry. I feel she is writing for me.


https://www.thepedestalmagazine.com/kathryn-stripling-byers-trawling-the-silences-reviewed-by-richard-allen-taylor/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.