Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Writing Magazines - Which ones do you read?

When I was a beginning writer, in south Georgia, I subscribed to Writer's Digest Magazine. I took a course offered by the magazine and it was taught by a North Carolina author. He was an excellent teacher and helped me keep my eye on writing when I was about to give it up.

I learned from the articles in the magazine on fiction, poetry and nonfiction. I saved all the copies for years and reread them.

After I moved to NC and met more published writers, I subscribed to Writer Magazine and Poets and Writers, but I still enjoy and use the articles in Writer's Digest for teaching beginning writers.

I met Robert Brewer, WD's poetry editor at the Blue Ridge Writers' conference a few years ago. I began to follow his poetry column. His readers interact with him on his blog which is part of Writers' Digest site.

Later he published my article:
https://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/interviewing-poets-why-and-how

I recommend writing magazines to aspiring writers. The articles are usually short but have a point. Great writing tips.

Do you take any magazines on writing and what do you think?
Do you subscribe to online magazines that are helpful for your writing?


Other posts on writing:  https://netwestwriters.blogspot.com/2019/03/guest-post-by-c-hope-clark-award.html

https://netwestwriters.blogspot.com/2017/06/interview-with-rosemary-rhodes-royston.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.