Monday, August 27, 2018

Robert Brooks has an interesting bit of news


Dear Writers:

Here is a bit of news that came as a surprise: a short story was rejected by Kzine and I was working to convert to first person.  I checked another on-line site where it had been submitted and got some good news.

Quantum Muse, an on-line journal that requires three positive reviews by fellow authors before publication, indicated I had two reviews.  I figured I was just unlucky in that no third reviewer was interested enough to read.  Then I noticed that I had a message.  The message was that "Crystal Bears" would be published in the April edition of Quantum Muse.  I went to that issue and behold it was there:

Crystal Bears by R.R. Brooks.  Quantum Muse April 2018  (Click on the link or put http://www.quantummuse.com/story.php?RecID=864 in your browser.  This is a fantasy piece that explores how doubt can lead to belief.

Too bad I completed the first-person version because I realize now that the published version could have been polished.  At any rate, the moral is that you should check your messages.

Bob


Jack Conver #3.jpgJusti cover final no border.jpgR.R. Brooks
Author, Fantasy, Mystery
Justi the Gifted
The Clown Forest Murders
[www.brooks-authors.com]www.brooks-authors.com

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.