Sunday, March 28, 2010

FAVORITE BOOK PROMPT WENT BUST

I'm really disappointed that none of our members responded to "My Favorite Appalachian Book" prompt. We could have had a good time with this, discussing the books we like with each other. I was looking forward to reading Netwest posts on this topic. My short piece on Lee Smith's Fair and Tender Ladies back in February was rewarding to write, and Lee loved it, too. Winning a splendid novel by Manette Ansay wasn't bad either! I'd hoped other Netwest writers might have a similar experience writing about a book they loved.
We are trying to generate more blog traffic, turning the site into a real meeting place for writers, as well as a source of information for Netwest writers. I may try this approach one more time, but for now, it seems there's no interest. Maybe the winter was just too miserable. Maybe Spring will re-energize us!
We did have one respondent who took a different theme for post, and to thank him, I will be sending an Appalachian book (I'll give him a few choices...) from City Lights Books to him.

4 comments:

  1. I, too, am sorry we didn't have more interest in the prompt, Kay.
    Perhaps a new prompt will draw more interest.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies, I actually think this is a great prompt. It made me remember many great mountain novels I've written. I've been out of pocket working some extra time, but I feel very inspired to write about my favorite mountain novel, after reading here today. Wonderful prompt, I'll be in touch soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melissa. I'll be looking for your favorite book post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually meant to say that this prompt made me think of the many Appalachian novels I've READ. I claim to have written no novels and certainly no great ones!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.