Monday, June 15, 2009

Workshop on blogging a success

Glenda Beall, Netwest Program Coordinator, held another successful workshop for members on Saturday, June 13 at the Moss Library in Hayesville. This workshop focused on methods to improve your blog site and how to post and comment on blogs. Like many of Glenda’s workshops in the past, it was offered free to Netwest members.


Glenda is very knowledgeable on blogging and does a terrific job of managing our own Netwest Writers blog and has two terrific blogs of her own - The way I see it & Writing life stories.


Featured guest Tipper Pressley was on hand to offer her wealth of knowledge and insight on how to become a more successful blogger. Tipper has a very interesting blog focusing on Appalachian culture - Blind Pig and the Acorn. She is an excellent teacher and is also available for one-on-one sessions about blogging. You can contact her via her blog for more information.

The workshop was interactive with everyone sharing their knowledge. Topics included how to lay out your blog to grab your reader’s attention the minute they visit your blog, installing the latest gadgets from Google, ways to get news about you and your blog with Google Alerts, adding pictures and moving them around, the right way to use links, and how to build traffic for your blog through interaction and comments. The workshop was attended by Nancy Simpson, Carole Thompson, Pat Workman and Sam Hoffer.

Here are some interesting links related to blogging:


4 comments:

  1. This was one of the best workshops. I learned to LinkWithin. I learned something different from everyone there. This is a good way to learn. It is the way I believe learning should be - more sharing what one knows. Thanks to Sam for the handouts. Also, I reommend Tipper to anyone who wants to learn more about blogging. She is a professional when it comes to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sam, for this post. I learned some things from you and all who were there. Sharing what we know is a generous way to help other writers. We could do this in other towns in Netwest if members are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an informative and fun time we had. I certainly learned from everyone. I feel it could be helpful for us to continue the sharing online. Glenda suggested that I start a Yahoo Group for those in NCNW who are interested. The group name is BloggersWorkshp. I will be sending invitations to those who met last Saturday. Anyone else who would like to join can contact me at workmanpat@yahoo.com ~.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda,
    I'm sure the blogging workshop was great. I sure wish I had been able to attend, but we had a family reunion. I'm glad the workshop was an overwhelming success!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.