Monday, February 9, 2009

Nancy Simpson, editor of the new NCWN West Anthology


Seven poems by Nancy Simpson were reprinted in the textbook, Southern Appalachian Poets, edited by Marita Garin at McFarland Press.

A new poem, "Carolina Blue Birds" was published in the anthology: The Poets Guide to the Birds at Anhinga Press, edited by Judith Kitchen and Ted Kooser.


Nancy Simpson's poem, "Grass" will be reprinted in Southern Poetry Review's 50th Anniversary edition in 2009, and two new poems are forthcoming in Solo Cafe, out of California with guest editor Lenard D. Moore.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of her! I've loved her stuff from the first moment I curled up with Night Student! She amazes me ... a painter of words! I adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, we all know Nancy as a teacher because she has meant so much to so many, but we don't forget what a fine poet she is.
    I look forward to her next poetry collection and hope it will be out before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy is a mentor to many of us writers. We appreciate her very much and we are very proud of her publications. She is one of my favorite poets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading the news about Nancy and her latest accomplishments. She is truly an extraordinary woman and incredible writer. I know her as teacher and her class introduced me to her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree totally with all the preceding comments. Nancy, you are tops in all that you do. Your talent, passion and generous caring spirit is the shining beckon that leads the way and keeps us on track. Kudos!! --and so much more..... Pat

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.