Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Poetry and Essay Contest

Good Morning Everyone,

It's that time of year again that I request some Poetry and Essay judges to help out in selecting poems and essays for the Cherokee County High School students.

It is my hope to be able to add "The Learning Center," students this year which covers students in 7, 8, and 9th grades. This school has received many accolades for its academics and I have been assured that the submissions will most likely, be very good. So, if I can get enough judges and get the support of 6 new local businesses, I will proceed with this.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to participate and at what level. These contests have been very helpful to the students in the past. Not only do they receive Savings Bonds and Certificates of Achievement that may assist them to get into the College of their choice, they also receive recognition from the community, family and peers.

As always Judges will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.

My sincere appreciation for your support,

Paul

2 comments:

  1. Paul, I'm so happy you are holding this contest again for the high school students in Cherokee County. I'm sure our members will step up and help with this contest.
    The year I judged the essay contest, I was pleased to see how many good writers entered. Do you want the judges to come from outside Cherokee County, or does that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda,
    as long as they do not know or have anyone in the Cherokee County School it okay. Since yours has been the only response so far, I'll take what I can get, I guess.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.