Sunday, September 28, 2008

Comments on this blog

We are happy you are reading this blog and that you care enough to let the writer know you read his/her work by email or by leaving a comment at the end of the post.

As requested, the following is to help those who are unfamiliar with the comment process which we've tried to simplify:

At the bottom of a post is a line of type showing the name of the person who posted the article or story or poem. This may not be the writer. It might be me, writerlady, or Glenda.
Next to my name and the date you will see a line that looks like this.
'0 comments' or it may have a number before the word comment:
'2 comments '

Click on comments. A window opens for you to write your comment. You may sign your name in the same window if you want.
If you don't want to sign in with your yahoo address, just click on anonymous at the bottom and the comment will be posted with no name at the top. If you want to sign your name in the comment window, that will show.

You will be asked to use your yahoo address if you have one or you will be asked to open a "google account" by completing the information asked for.
To make it simple, just post as anonymous and sign your name inside the comment window.
Click on preview and see your comment as it will appear. If your comment needs to be edited, you have the opportunity to edit.
When you have it like you want it, click on Publish.
A Message will appear at the top of the page saying that your comment will appear later. To protect the blog from SPAM, we must moderate the comments. Your comment comes to my email address where I will read it and approve it when I check my email.
If you are a member of Netwest and have contacted me saying you want to be on the contributer's list, and you have been sent an invitation to post on www.netwestwriters.blogspot.com your comments will appear right away without moderation.

You can also email me if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the blog. I don't have all the answers but continue to learn, and blogger continues to offer new options.

4 comments:

  1. This is a test of the blog comment system. It is only a test. If it were an actual comment, it would speak to content, originality and presentation of your blog. This is only a test.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Glenda for helping us learn how to leave comments. The success of this blog is due to your hard work and dedication. We appreciate everything you do.

    In the past, when I got to the Choose an identity part, I found that to be intimidating so I didn't post.

    This time, at "Choose an identity" I selected "Name/URL," typed in my name, and it worked. I didn't have to use Yahoo, Google or Anonymous. I am so proud to know how to do this without being Anonymous. Many thanks.

    Sam Hoffer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, I love your test.
    You sound just like my weather radio guy.
    Made me laugh.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam,
    I don't mind signing myself as "Anonymous," since I always give my name at the end of the post anyway.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.