Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome World

This week I spent five days with eight wonderful writers. One of them, Jessica, set up a visitors map for this blog Thursday afternoon. I could click on the map and see not only how many visitors we'd had at the Netwest blog, but where those visitors were at the time they looked at Netwest Mountain Writers and Poets. The counter on the map began at the time it was downloaded. My students greeted me on Friday with the news that we had a visitor from Turkey check out our blog. Before the day was over we had more hits from far distant countries.
Then Saturday morning I decided to make some changes to the map and lost it along with the long list of places it had recorded in only two days.
However, tonight, thanks to Jessica, the map is back and will begin counting our visitors from this time forward.

A red dot on the map indicates the place from which our visitor hails. This morning before I lost the map, Mozambique was represented by a red dot on our map. Alas, now we have to start over and see if those far away visitors will return.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how the internet can bring home the saying "it is a small world" in a totally new way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always leave a comment when I check in and I don't check in every day, but I find reading the words of our members to be inspiring. How wonderful that folks are finding us from all over, which is exactly where our writers work should be...all over the map! Nancy Purcell

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.