Saturday, March 27, 2010

Don't Open Writerlady e-mail until further notice

Alert! Alert!
Please be aware that an email is circulating from writerlady21@yahoo.com with my name, Glenda Beall, in the from line, soliciting money from the recepient. The email says I'm in England and need a loan.
Please don't open this email and if you do, don't believe a word of it.
I am so sorry, but it seems a hacker has stolen my yahoo ID and my entire email file is gone. All messages I had received and stored are gone.

If I had your email address in my Yahoo Account, your email has been compromised. I am so sorry this happened, and I am so embarrassed that my name has been used in this manner.

I am doing all I can to get to the bottom of this. Let me know if you responded and what you received in reply.
I am not in England and I am not needing or asking for a loan. I don't even know anyone in England.

Be aware of strange sounding e-mails.
Glenda Beall

4 comments:

  1. I got one of these - didn't know what the heck was going on. Thanks for the heads-up, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. You might go to snopes.com (as should everyone else) to keep informed about the threats out there in cyberspace. They can direct you to a site that collects info. on all of us, where we can have this info. deleted. They might be able to help you get to the bottom of this. I think I may fwd "your" email to them.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kay. I am going to cancel that account with Yahoo, but first have to be able to get into blogs with new account.
    I'll check out Snopes.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.