Wednesday, June 7, 2017

2009, Kathryn Stripling Byer paid a visit to Hayesville and blogged about it

Kathryn Stripling Byer visited Coffee with the Poets in Hayesville in 2009. Revisit that day when our local poets read for the Poet Laureate and she read for us.

http://kathrynstriplingbyer.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-03-15T18:47:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=14&by-date=false

If you were there, leave us a comment about what you remember and how you felt that day.

Karen Holmes in 2009

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's me. It was one of my first NCWN-West events, and it was thrilling to hear Kay read and meet her. Then I got up to read a poem for open mic, even though it was my first time, and the Poet Laureate of NC was in the audience! Scary. But I did it. And the next day, Kay posted my poem on her blog. She was so warm, and such a lover of poetry. Like others who knew her, I am grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it well, Karen. There were a couple of more people reading for the first time and they were in awe of having Kay there.
    She was so generous to new poets and those she met along the way. You have come a long way since that day, Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.