Monday, March 10, 2008

NCWN's new website looks great, but Netwest part is lacking

The North Carolina Writers' Network website, ncwriters.org has been sorely lacking for a long time. Almost a year ago, when I took the position of Program Coordinator for Netwest, I told Cynthia Barnett, then Exe. Director, how I felt about the antiquated website. She told me it would take much money to update the site and the Board knew the site needed to be updated. Nicki Leone surprised me with being the geek who created the new site. I am not sure, but I imagine NCWN saved a good bit of cash with Nicki, the president, doing all the work.
I want to apologize to our members of Netwest. Our part of the site did not get much of a makeover, I'm afraid. I did not know until Saturday afternoon that the site was to go live on Monday. Although I practically re-wrote every page of the Netwest link, Nicki didn't have time to change it before the "grand Opening" today. I hope to add photographs and correct some errors in the next few weeks.
I would love for our members to email me with ideas of how to make the Netwest link more interesting and more valuable.
I hope the members of Netwest will use the NCWN site now and not complain that the site has nothing for them. Any member can benefit from the new site. Check out all the possibilities. Let me hear from you, OK?

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Every word just where it should be. Made me cry. Thank you for a great story.
    Nancy Purcell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say to Glenda Beall, THANKS A MILLION.
    I know you worked all day Saturday on this project.
    The NCWN Website looks good. Our Netwest page
    looks great too, and I know when you get through, it
    will be correct. We all would like to see our own Netwest meetings listed on our site. It would be
    good to have some Netwest photos too. Thank You,
    Glenda. I wish you could be paid what you deserve
    to be paid. Thank You!

    --Nancy Simpsondn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki and the staff at NCWN are working diligently to get this site working for all our members.
    I can appreciate what they are doing.
    Thanks, Nancy, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda,
    There are some interesting things on here. Thanks for all the hard work. Glenda Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the site is better than it was, thanks to Glenda's efforts. However, it could do a great deal more to reflect writing/playwriting, etc. in this region. I suppose the only thing to do is to begin to moniter and utilize the Writers Network site.
    I'll try to do that.
    Gary Carden

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.