Who: NCWN/NetWest member Laurence Holden
What: Fall workshop, "Drawing from Our Own True Nature"
Where: North Georgia mountains: Kawani, 226 Beck Rd, Clayton, GA
When: November 8 and 9, 2014
The workshop combines drawing, writing, seeing, sensing, touching, listening, and telling. Each morning, participants will strike out on foot from Kawani to discover the rhythms and patterns in nature that resonate within them in ways that are singular to each of us and call us to know ourselves more intimately and more clearly.
October 9: DEADLINE to pay for a place in the workshop, which is limited to 12 participants. Click here to register.
Friday November 7 , 7-9 pm. get to know and orientation session at Kawani, 226 Beck Rd, Clayton, GA, Laurence's home and studio.
Saturday - Sunday, 8:30 a.m. meet at Kawani and head out into the forest. We will return each day in the late afternoon in time for refreshments.
Sunday November 9, 4 -6 pm refreshments and a gathering, sharing and summing up together of what was learned and exploring where to go from there.
Who Can Benefit:
- if you miss a personally embracing relationship with the natural world
- if you have the recurring feeling that nature has something to teach you
- if you enjoy the outdoors and would like to explore a new approach to the experience
- if you are an artist or crafts person who draws inspiration from nature
- if you suffer from nature deficit disorder
- if you are an artist or crafts person stuck in a creative rut, or just grown stale in your approach
What to Expect:
- small group size - workshop is limited to only 12 participants.
- An immersion in the natural world bit by bit through all your senses
- exploring techniques handed down from before the dawn of time for seeing, sensing and understanding the patterns and rhythms of life embedded in nature
- a series of guided generative experiences in seeing and sensing to connect the rhythms and patterns in nature with those already living within each us
- as you immerse yourself, layer by layer, into the rhythms and patterns of nature you will begin to recognize layer by layer the patterns and rhythms within yourself that generate and shape the grain of your own life.
For more information, click here.