DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 18, 2009
The Rose Post Creative Nonfiction Competition encourages the creation of lasting nonfiction work that is outside the realm of conventional journalism. Subjects may include traditional categories such as reviews, travel articles, profiles or interviews, place/history pieces, or culture criticism.
The first-, second- and third-place winners will receive $300, $200 and $100, respectively. Additionally, Southern Cultures magazine will consider the winner for publication. The final judge is Pushcart Prize-winner Virginia Holman, author of Rescuing Patty Hearst.
Eligibility and Guidelines
The competition is open to any writer who is a legal resident of North Carolina or a member of NCWN.
Submit two copies of an original and previously unpublished manuscript of no more than 2,000 words, typed (12-point font) and double-spaced.
- The author's name should not appear on the manuscript.
- Multiple submissions accepted, one manuscript per entry fee:
- $10/NCWN members,
- $15/nonmembers. (You may pay member entry fee if you join NCWN with your submission.)
- Entries will not be returned.
- Include a SASE for a list of winners.
- Send submissions, indicating name of competition, to:
Ed Southern, Executive Director
PO Box 21591
Winston Salem, NC 27120-1591