Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Wordsmiths of Macon County

The Wordsmiths of Macon County met December 5,2013, at the Macon County Library and had a great time, from the sounds of this report from our Macon County Representative, Shirley Cole. 

"Sixteen guests  and poets were present, and 12 to 15 pieces of original  poems were read and discussed. We had four young guests, who heard Eugene Field's poem "The Duel' about the gingham dog and the calico cat. Everyone giggled and afterward the children approached me and thanked me for inviting them and sharing our  gingerbread cookies with them. We may be on to something! Mrs. Moe, the head of the library, suggested to me that perhaps we would like to share our poetry with the children often. I agreed and am going to include  a section of our next meeting for our children to bring us ''LOVE  POEMS'' AND will send the Library small posters to display. OUR NEXT READING IS IN February and I am searching for  funny poems to read to our children. I will encourage them to write some cursive if they so desire. The library received  another donation from us as a thank you for allowing us to read. But, I think that they are very thrilled to have us."

Thank you, Shirley, for this great report, and for all you are doing to increase literary awareness, especially for children, in Macon County. I've no doubt that the library is very appreciative.

1 comment:

  1. Thank. Good Review, Lana. It makes me want to read the book.



    www.nancysimpson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.