Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NANCY SIMPSON AMONG THE TOP TEN


Congratulations to Netwest Consultant and past Program Coordinator, Nancy Simpson. Her new weblog, LivingAbove the Frost Line is listed on Blog.com as one of the top ten blogs representing Appalachian culture.

And even more kudos to Nancy. Her poetry, and that of Netwest Consultant and NC Poet Laureate, Kathryn Stripling Byer, Fred Chappel and other outstanding mountain poets, is included in a new book edited by Merita Garin.
SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN POETRY has been published by McFarland Press as No. 20 in its Southern Appalachian Studies Series.
Read more about this book on Nancy's blog.

Nancy Simpson lives above the frost line on a mountain in Hayesville, NC where she writes free verse poetry and is working on an historical novel. Her poetry collections include Night Student and Across Water published by State Street Press.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Nancy for a job well done. I follow your blog and enjoy the poetry and your beautiful photos. Keep up the good work.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't she wonderful?!?

    Congratulations Mom!! I am SO amazingly proud of you!! Can't wait to get my hands on this book ... autographed, of course!

    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sam, I can't believe we just started blogging only about a month ago on the same day, same class.

    Your blogs, two of them, are very good. I'd not be surprised to see them end up on the top ten of cooking blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy is amazing. I think she will always stand out whenever she does anything in the writing world. Her blog is great. Congratulations, Nancy. I enjoy your blog so much. I'm glad its being recognized (all ready!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I can't get my computer to add your blog--it shuts down. And everytime I try to read Ruminations from the Distant Hills, it shuts down, too. But I'm hoping to have it up on my blog list soon.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. You will not see your comment immediately because all messages must be moderated before being published. We want to hear what you think, and your fellow writers want to know what you think.